29 September 2012

Sale-ing Away

I went to a Garage Sale on Saturday (last week!)
It was the first in months and months.
 I used to go every Saturday, rain or shine in the bad old days..

It's like falling off a log though, only more fun!

 So here is a little photo essay:
GARAGE SALE-ING in my town!

Friday night - the Garage Sale listings are in our local rag. (Waikato Times)3 columns is about all there is most weeks at the moment - it will pick up at the peak times. In a city like Hamilton you can easily do them all if you are focussed!


I just do the jumble style fundraiser ones.
The one I have circled is my favourite - it's a regular gig for the Cats' Protection League and it's very local to where we live..
7am - NO KIDS are up! That's miraculous!
Utterly glorious Spring day.


Bowl of Bircher. The Breakfast of Garage Sale champions.
I had got all my gear ready the night before, just in case I had all the kids to get breakfasted before I go..


Driving. I only have to turn 2 corners. I could walk - but that is NOT a good idea for the amount of stuff I plan to get!!
The well worn sign!



Photo on the left is looking in before it opened. The 'Cat LAdy' is ALWAYS late, so we just hover outside, catching up with the regulars!

Then we dig in! 

JUNK IN THE TRUNK!
These jumbles are particularly 'grungy' ie you really have to rummage and it's not neat and tidy. Just how I like them! But the Cat Lady and her sidekick are SO generous with their pricing, it's ridiculous.
She charged me $5 for one box and $7 for the other. I rounded it up because I got SO MUCH stuff! And they are really lovely and dedicated women.


I couldn't photograph it all in one hit.. so here are a few photos of some of what was in the boxes...
* The cake topper at the top is very old and ceramic
* Retro party ware - how much is enough??!!
* tray





There were SO many books! THis is some of the ones I got..


* magazine rack
* lightweight foldy-uppy shopping bag. 
* leis - for a couple of impending crafty projects..
*  kitsch ship wall thing.. Gold!!
* pencil holder - I LOVE these. For one of the boys' desks.

Also got quite a few coveted toys and other kids things.. 

At risk of boring you all, I might photograph the other things and add them to other posts at some stage..



How does garage sale-ing go in your town?! I'd love to hear about how it works in other towns, and countries!!! Tell us all about it!

Happy Days!

School Holidays again - YAY!!!
Love it!

Thank you for all the lovely comments lately. 

Lots of questions I haven't got to answering sorry - maybe I'll do a question post thing soon - I WISh I had the reply function!! I'm a techno der-brain.
x


9 comments:

bonsaimum said...

Looks like you had a great time.:)

Curtise said...

I can't believe how many garage sales are advertised in your paper, there are loads! The one you went to looks just like one of our jumble sales, and you came home with some great stuff! The cake decoration and party ware are my faves. xxx

Max said...

Totally agree the local charity garage sales are the best-we only make it to the local churches andcthe bowling club ones these days, and never come away disappointed, most people cant be bothered to rummage so theres good stuff to findceven long after opening x

Vix said...

Like Curtise says, your garage sales look like our jumbles, same kind of prices, too! Love the party ware tray thingy! x

Anonymous said...

A good old church or charity group garage sale is the best isn't it? You can't go past it.

I really fancy the soda stream bottles.

Miss Simmonds Says said...

ooooh that garage sale looks wonderful!! and you picked up some great stuff - I'm very jealous!! xxxx

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

OMG!! What a haul! I;ve never been to a garage sale at all, ever! Well maybe one, in all the 8 yrs we've been in NZ, do I need to go to one....maybe! Maybe I do! :D

gabrielle said...

wow great scores

Palaeontologist Mum with Babies said...

Love your loot and photos! You are such a happy person it seems always positive and great inspiration, keep on posting your loot from st vinnies and garage sales. Love it! Xx